I’ve turned a sunny 30 this month. A big milestone year, one might say. There never really was a lot of things on my list of things to do before I crossed the third decade. But I think I shall put down a list of things to do before the year runs out. One of them will be to do something new each day. I plan to hear new songs, read new authors, sing new songs, go to new places, learn new things and ofcourse make a whole bunch of new friends. One can never be too old to do that, right?
So as part of this quest for new experiences, am going to do something that I think other bloggers out there are pretty brave to do. I have mulled over doing it, and chickened out earlier. But today is all about following up on resolutions, so, am going to do it. Am going to give out 15 (30 would be a bit much!) random things about myself:
- I can blissfully spend three quarters of an hour (at the very least) with bubble wrap. It is the #1 invention in the world
- I can’t hold a tune, at all. Am kinda tone deaf when it comes to my own voice. Am also being nice to myself right now
- I love dancing. I trained in classical Indian Kathak for a while when I was little. But after that, nobody has been able to ‘train’ me. I specialise in free-style now 🙂
- Yellow is my favourite colour. Immediately after is turquoise blue, followed by white, orange and neon peach
- Goa is where I like to go to ‘find’ myself. I went to Goa just before my 25th birthday and I felt like I was home. It is home and I yearn to go back every time am away.
- When in Goa, I like to look out at the sea, sink my feet in the sand and sip on a King’s beer
- I hate getting wet in the rain. On the other hand, I love sunshine!
- I look silly in hats and caps but can rock any pair of sunglasses. Any pair
- Shoes are my weakness. Those, bags and brownies
- Am a travel show, food show, travel show junkie. I can go through days of only watching these, yes even the ones on TLC dubbed in Hindi
- I have a thing for wine bottles. It’s not a weird thing, I like collecting them. Many people do, don’t they? I sorta protect them with my life though
- Usually, am reading at least 3 books at any given point in time. That probably explains why it takes me ages to finish a book
- The book I read every so often is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I’ve read it atleast 10 times in the past decade and yet I always find something new there. It is my most favourite book
- The comic character I most identify with is Calvin, he makes a lot of sense, but the grown-ups just don’t get it!
- I love Jalebis (sugary squiggles made of flour), but I adore cheesecakes more. So much so I learnt to make an eggless version I found on Divine Taste. I made a strawberry one instead of the mango, and even though mine didn’t turn out as flawless looking, it tasted divine 🙂